What to Expect at Settlement
What We Do:
- Research land records to ensure seller conveys marketable title to new owners.
- Conduct settlement -- collect, witness and notarize signatures as required.
- Record appropriate documents at local courthouse
- Collect and distribute monies
- Release old liens from land records
- Issue title insurance
What to Bring:
- Government-issued picture I. D. - driver's license, passport, government or military I. D.
- Monies due at settlement must be "like cash funds" via certified cashier's check or by wire transfer. Make payable to Republic Title, Inc.
- Any other documents required by real estate agent or loan officer
- Original power of attorney, if applicable. This power of attorney should be prepared by our general counsel and needs to be approved by both lender and title company prior to settlement. If one is needed, please contact our office.